If you live in Arizona, you have probably visited Scottsdale at least once. Scottsdale generates a lot of tourism, has excellent hotels, bars, and restaurants, and is home to some of the most successful businesses in Arizona. However, if you don’t live in Arizona, you might not know about all the great things there are to do here. So, if you are thinking about visiting, or maybe you’re thinking about moving, this was written to be an excellent resource for you.
5 Reasons To Visit Or Move To Scottsdale, Arizona
- The Weather – Scottsdale has over 300 days of sunshine each year, making it the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors. The average temperature in Scottsdale is a comfortable 85 degrees, with lows dipping into the 50s at night.
- The Golf – Scottsdale is a golfer’s paradise, with over 200 courses to choose from. No matter your skill level, you’ll be able to find a course that’s perfect for you.
- The Shopping – Scottsdale is home to some of the best shopping in Arizona. Whether you’re looking for designer brands or handcrafted gifts, you’ll be able to find it here.
- The Art Scene – Scottsdale is home to a thriving art scene, with galleries and museums scattered throughout the city. If you’re a fan of art, you’ll feel right at home here.
- The Food – Scottsdale is home to some of the best restaurants in the state. Whether you’re looking for fine dining or casual fare, you’ll be able to find it here.
Scottsdale is a city that has something for everyone. So if you’re thinking about making a move to Scottsdale, you won’t be disappointed.
How Safe Is North Scottsdale?
If you’re considering a move to North Scottsdale, Arizona, it’s important to know about the safety of the area. While North Scottsdale is generally considered a safe place to live, there are still some things to be aware of before making a move. Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering a move to North Scottsdale, Arizona.
The first thing to keep in mind is that North Scottsdale is a relatively safe place to live. The crime rate in North Scottsdale is lower than the national average, and the chances of becoming a victim of crime in North Scottsdale are very low. However, no place is completely safe, and there are still some risks associated with living in North Scottsdale.
There are a few things that you can do to help keep yourself safe when living in North Scottsdale, Arizona:
- It’s important to be aware of your surroundings and be cautious when walking alone at night.
- It’s a good idea to keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
- If you ever feel unsafe, don’t hesitate to call the police.
Overall, North Scottsdale is a safe place to live. However, as with any place, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to keep yourself safe.
How Good Is The Scottsdale School District?
The Scottsdale Unified School District is one of the largest school districts in Arizona. It covers more than 200 square miles and includes 34 elementary schools, 7 middle schools, 5 high schools, and 2 charter schools.
Scottsdale students generally perform above average on statewide standardized tests. For example, in 2015-2016, 71% of Scottsdale students met or exceeded standards on the AzMERIT test, compared to 63% of students statewide.
Scottsdale schools spend an average of $8,481 per student, which is higher than the state average of $6,958. The district has a student-teacher ratio of 20:1, which is lower than the state average of 22:1.
Overall, the Scottsdale Unified School District is a good district that offers its students a quality education. However, it should be noted that test scores can vary greatly from school to school within the district. So while the district as a whole may be strong, there could be individual schools that are struggling. Therefore, parents should research the specific schools their children are interested in to get a better sense of how those schools are performing.
What Is The Cost Of Living Like In Scottsdale?
Scottsdale is a city in Arizona with a population (as of this writing) of 246,645. Scottsdale has a cost of living index of 100.6, which is equal to the national average. The cost of living in Scottsdale is 1% higher than the Arizona average and 5% higher than the national average.
The median home cost in Scottsdale is $371,700, which is higher than the Arizona average of $183,000 and the national average of $231,000. In addition, the median rent cost in Scottsdale is $1,195, which is higher than the Arizona average of $949 and the national average of $1,095.
The cost of living in Scottsdale is higher than the national average in several categories, including:
- Transportation: 14% higher than the national average
- Healthcare: 9% higher than the national average
- Housing: 5% higher than the national average
- Miscellaneous: 4% higher than the national average
However, there is some cost of living expenses in Scottsdale that are lower than the national average, including:
- Food: 2% lower than the national average
- Utilities: 2% lower than the national average
- Education: 1% lower than the national average
Overall, the cost of living in Scottsdale is about 5% higher than the national average. This means that a person would need to earn about $5,000 more per year to maintain the same standard of living in Scottsdale as they could in another city, with the cost of living at the national average.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the higher cost of living in Scottsdale. First, Scottsdale has an average property tax of 1.62%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 0.95%. This means that a person with a home worth $200,000 would pay about $3,240 in property taxes each year.
Other factors that contribute to the cost of living in Scottsdale include the cost of housing and the cost of groceries. The cost of housing in Scottsdale is about 19% higher than the national average, and the cost of groceries is about 8% higher than the national average.
The average income in Scottsdale is about $73,000, which is higher than the national average of $50,000. However, the cost of living in Scottsdale is also high, so people in Scottsdale may not have as much disposable income as people in other parts of the country.
Where Are The Best Places To Buy Property In Scottsdale?
The best places to buy property in Scottsdale are the least expensive areas, such as North Scottsdale and South Scottsdale. These areas are less expensive because they are further from the city center and have fewer amenities. However, they are still close enough to the city that you can enjoy all that Scottsdale has to offer.
If you are looking for a more upscale area to purchase property, then you may want to consider Central Scottsdale. This area is more expensive because it is closer to the city center and has more amenities. However, it is still a great place to live because you can enjoy all that Scottsdale has to offer.
If you are looking for the most expensive area to purchase property, then you will want to consider Downtown Scottsdale. This area is the most expensive because it is in the heart of the city and has the most amenities. However, it is still a great place to live because you can enjoy all that Scottsdale has to offer.
No matter what your budget is, Scottsdale has a great place for you to call home. So, start your search today and find the perfect place for you and your family.
What Is The Job Market Like In Scottsdale?
The job market in Scottsdale is strong and growing. The largest industries in Scottsdale are healthcare, retail, and tourism. There are many jobs available in these industries, and more businesses are opening up all the time.
If you are looking for employment opportunities in Scottsdale, Arizona, then you should definitely consider the healthcare industry. Healthcare jobs are in high demand, and there are many different positions that you can apply for. Retail jobs are also plentiful in Scottsdale, and you can find a job that suits your skills and interests. Tourism is another booming industry in Scottsdale, and there are many different jobs available in this field.
No matter what your skills and interests are, you should be able to find a job that is right for you in Scottsdale, Arizona. There are many different businesses and industries that are thriving in this city, so you should definitely take advantage of the opportunities that are available to you. Start your search for jobs in Scottsdale today, and you will be on your way to a great career in no time!
10 Family-Friendly Things To Do In Scottsdale
- Visit the Desert Botanical Garden – The Desert Botanical Garden is a great place to take your family for a day of fun. There are many different exhibits and gardens to explore, and you can even take a guided tour. This is a great way to learn about the desert environment and the plants that live there.
- Hike in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve – The McDowell Sonoran Preserve is a great place to go for a hike. There are many different trails to choose from, and you can even take a horseback ride. This is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the beauty of the desert.
- Take a scenic drive – There are many scenic drives in Scottsdale that you can take your family on. You can even take a Jeep tour of the area. This is a great way to see the desert landscape and get some fresh air.
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art – The Museum of Contemporary Art is a great place to take your family. There are many different exhibits to see, and you can even participate in some hands-on activities. This is a great way to learn about art and have some fun at the same time.
- Go to a park – Scottsdale has many different parks that you can visit with your family. You can go for a hike, play some sports, or just have a picnic. This is a great way to spend some time outdoors and get some exercise.
- Take a bike ride – Scottsdale is a great place to go for a bike ride. There are many different trails that you can take, and you can even rent bikes if you don’t have your own. This is a great way to see the city and get some exercise at the same time.
- Visit the zoo – The Scottsdale/Phoenix Zoo is a great place to take your family. There are many different animals to see, and you can even participate in some of the educational programs. This is a great way to learn about different animals and their habitats.
- Go to the movies – Going to the movies is a great family activity. You can bond with your family while watching a movie together. This is also a great way to escape the heat during the summer months.
- Play mini golf – Playing mini golf is a great family activity. It is a fun way to spend time together, and it is also a great way to get some exercise.
- Visit the library – The Scottsdale Public Library is a great place to take your family. There are many different activities to do, and you can even check out books to read together. This is a great way to spend a day together, and it is also a great way to get some education.
5 Of The Best Places To Eat Near Scottsdale
When you visit Scottsdale, you will want to make sure that you try some of the best food that the city has to offer.
Here are 5 of the best places to eat in Scottsdale:
- Pizzeria Bianco – This pizzeria is owned by Chris Bianco, who is a world-renowned pizza chef. The pizzas here are made with fresh ingredients, and they are absolutely delicious.
- FnB – This restaurant is owned by chef Charleen Badman. The menu features seasonal American cuisine with a focus on local ingredients.
- The Mission – This restaurant serves modern Mexican food. The menu features a variety of small plates that are perfect for sharing.
- Zinc Bistro – This bistro serves French-inspired cuisine. The menu features a variety of classic dishes as well as some modern twists.
- Different Pointe of View – This restaurant is located atop the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort. The menu features American cuisine with a focus on seasonal ingredients.
It doesn’t matter if you’re moving to North Scottsdale or just visiting; there is something here for everyone. You can easily access downtown Phoenix, Tempe, and Fountain Hills. In addition, the 101 Freeway runs through Scottsdale, giving you ample access to just about anywhere in the Pheonix-Metro area.